Monday, May 14, 2012

Heat Embossing

 While I like to color in stamped images, one of my favorite things to do is heat emboss. Lately, I've been embossing with opaque colored powders from American Crafts and they are so much fun. On this card, I heat embossed the sentiment and cake. I went over the cake with Perfect Pearls after it was embossed.

This bodice was heat embossed onto the white paper after I had machine embossed the oval with my Grand Calibur. To do this, you simply use the sandwich for embossing rather than cutting - you still use the Spellbinders dies, but it won't cut through the paper.
If you would like to know more about the different types of inks and which inks are OK for heat embossing, check out this handy dandy resource. Thanks for taking a peek!

No comments:

Post a Comment