Sunday, July 26, 2009

Hot Stuff!

I think that boy's cards are very hard to do for some reason. I guess part of the reason for me is that I rarely find paper or embellishments that I really like for boys. I don't want to give an 8 year old kid a card and have him stare at me like, "what are you thinking lady?" Luckily I happen to have an 8 year old son at home, so I run my boy card designs by him first :)

This is one that he was especially excited about, so I thought I'd share it. I bought the cute dragon stamp at a garage sale for 10 cents about 4 years back. Micah has always loved dragons, so I knew I'd get to use it some day. When I was looking at the new Prima paper I had in my drawer, I realized that they were the colors that I needed AND they were boy papers that I actually liked. So the Hot Stuff card was born!
The cool paper is the Just Corina "Little Guy" line from Prima Marketing. The whole line is very bright and fun. The stamp is by Stampendous! and the red letters are from my stash. I used Spellbinders nestabilities circles for the white and black circles.
The dragon image was stamped with Brilliance black ink and colored in with Prismacolor markers. You can't see very well, but I used Glossy Accents on the blue parts, so they're shiny and raised. Isn't that dragon cute?
In kitty news, Sohpie had 5 kittens! Sadly one was dead when I went in today to see them :( It was one of my favorites too, and all gray one. The others all seem healthy though, so hopefully they'll be ok. Now we have an orange and white one, a black and white one, a calico, and a cream colored one. They're so cute!



No comments:

Post a Comment