Saturday, July 25, 2009

Where has summer gone?

I know it's still summer, but wow it's been flying by! I can't believe that August is just around the corner. And once that hits, it's just a matter of time before fall because we'll be so busy getting ready for school - and college for me!- and getting back into the school routine. We've had a weird summer weather wise. In June we had several days of 100+ heat index and that's not very common. We usually get 100+ temps in late July and August, not in June. So we were worried that it was going to be a very hot summer! However, once July rolled in, we got some wonderful weather that is usually reserved for June. Now it's getting into the 90's again, but it's still wonderful :)

I got to sell some of my excess/old scrapbooking items at the annual down town sidewalk sales this week. It's for down town stores, but my LSS is in the old down town area that's near our house and the owner rented me an 8' table for $5 to sell some stuff. I sold more than half of it, but would have loved to get rid of more! I have several friends who scrap here though, so I know I won't have a problem giving it away.



In other exciting news, my sweet cat Sophia is ready to have her kittens! I'm hoping she'll have them today, she's been nesting in a cardboard box in the basement. It's her first time, so she's a little stressed. I can't wait to see the new babies!


Today I'd like to share a card I made for a Paper piecing challenge at sb.com. It's a daily challenge, each day is different, so come on and join us sometime. It's in the cardmaking/stamping area of the forum.

I used Daisy D's paper for the paper pieced background and sewed it before adhering it to the white paper. The brown piece of paper was embossed with my Textile Cuttlebug folder and inked slightly. The gold sentiment was made with a corner punch from MultiCraft and inked. The sentiment stamp is from Papertrey Ink. The flowers are from Prima, the butterflies from K&Co. and the lace is from my stash. I have a tiny bit of Martha Stewart lattice border punch peeking at the bottom.

Oh I almost forgot my extremely EXCITING news! I was the Day 13 winner of the huge Spellbinders blog give away! So that means I won a whole load of the beautiful new dies that were just released. You can scroll down to see my response and the dies I won at their blog:
http://spellbinderspaperarts.com/blog/
I'm so excited!

1 comment:

  1. hello card "DIVA". I just love this card. You did and amazing job with the paper piercing and the colors are gorgeous. Thanks for the love on my friends card. I appreciate it coming from you. Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete