Saturday, November 5, 2011

Shabby Chic Birthday

When I was a teenager, I wanted nothing to do with pink or anything that looked too girly. I'm glad that I managed to grow past that stage, because there's nothing sweeter than a shabby chic birthday card!
On this card I started out with the paper - The Girls Paperie paper, to be exact. The die cuts are items that I already cut. They were waiting in my "die drawer." I just realized how ominous that sounds.

I embellished them a bit with stamps (Papertrey Ink Doily Details on the oval, Mega Mixed Messages on the banner), gems and ink (Memento Dandelion and Rosebud inks). The butterfly cut was made with American Crafts Glitter Cardstock, so all it needed was a pink button. The lace bow is made with May Arts lace ribbon and I attached it with Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac.

As for the die cuts themselves, they're all from Spellbinders (Standard Ovals, Butterflies 2, Banners).
Thanks for taking a peek!

No comments:

Post a Comment