Friday, February 10, 2012

Colored Embossing Powder

I have enjoyed heat embossing for many years.
I don't know why it's taken me so long to get a colored opaque embossing powder! I love the effect it gives on dark paper. On this card, I used American Crafts Zing! embossing powder in Frost. I also used some clear for the smaller damask, but the blue is really what stands out. Isn't it striking against the deep brown cardstock (also American Crafts)? I also used it on the metallic finish die cut I made. While regular ink would just wipe off the slick surface, it heat embossed beautifully.
I'm going to have to try this out on different colors of cardstock for sure! Thanks for taking a peek :)

Supply List:
Cardstock: American Crafts
Adhesive: Beacon Adhesives "Zip Dry" and Glue Arts "Mini Adhesive Squares"
Ribbon: May Arts
Die cuts: Spellbinders Grand Calibur, Labels Nine
Stamps: Papertrey Ink "Damask Designs" and "Up, Up and Away!"
Ink: Versamark
Misc: Gold paper, fancy button

No comments:

Post a Comment