Monday, February 16, 2009

Once Again

After I got busy working with Scrap 'N Art last year, I completely and utterly neglected my blog. The longer I didn't post, the harder it became to think about posting. Hopefully a fresh start will jumpstart my blogging, because I have really begun to miss it in the last few weeks!

For anyone wondering about the blog title, "Crazy Blue" has been a username I've used a lot in the last 4 or 5 years. I pretty much just picked it out of the blue, if you know what I mean. Soon people began to know me by that name on various boards and sites, so I decided to keep with it.

Today, I'll just share a few cards I've made in the last 2 weeks. I've been selling cards at the store I work for in the mall lately. So if you're in the area and you see a card that I post that you particularly like, drop on by! :)

For this card, I used watercolor paint on a piece of watercolor paper. I just used a broad brush and swished it back and forth and let it dry. After it dried, I stamped the sentiment and inked the torn edges of the paper.

Paper: Scenic Route; Stamps: Verve; Sticker: Stampendous!; Ribbon; American Crafts ; Ink: Colorbox pigment (black, brown), Brilliance (black)
I used my Silhouette to cut out the leafy item and the die cut frame and oval on this card. They're available for download in the Scrap 'N Art forum. Did I mention they're free?
Instead of machine sewing on the card, I decided to paper pierce for a change. That way it was easier to go around the delicate swirls.

Paper: Cosmo Cricket; Ink: Colorbox pigment ink (red); Rub-on: Melissa Frances; Border punch: Martha Stewart


The city scape on this card was cut with a GSD file I designed for Scrap 'N Art. It's available for free downnload in the Scrap 'N Art forum as well.
Paper: Making Memories; Stamp: unknown; Letters: American Crafts Vinyl Thickers


No comments:

Post a Comment