Friday, July 2, 2010

No Patterned Paper Kick Continues

As usual, once I start doing something, I just can't seem to stop. My latest kick is creating all my own patterned paper and embellishments with stamps. Now this isn't the first time I've done this. Actually, I dabble in this technique quite often as it's one of my very favorite things to do. On this layout, I used my new Martha Stewart stamps that I snapped up on clearance at Walmart for about $3 or $4. I used three different shades of ink - light and medium pink and also a "true" red.

I first stamped the background of the layout, alternating between the large and small blooms and the various ink shades. I stamped the outline of the stamps in red to make them stand out.

I also made some extras so I could have some custom embellishments.

I decided I needed some green to pull from the photo, so I stamped the stem and leaves (Stamp Zia) on light green cardstock and shaded in a bit with a light green Copic marker. Since it was already on green paper, I didn't worry about shading too much.

I waited until I was happy with the layout assembly before I embellished with the leaves and extra flowers. Then I attached the blooms with dimensional adhesive for extra texture. I finished them off with some glitter or pearl centers.

Thanks for taking a peek!




2 comments:

  1. I love how you made the embellishments with the same stamps. Very elegant LO. That's a wonderful photo and your handmade background matches her shirt so well! Gina L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! I will have to look for that stamp, it is fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete