Sunday, January 9, 2011

Fly Away With Me

This is for the Flourishes release contest - the colors of love challenge!
The lighting seems weird on this one, but I guess it's because of the snow reflecting the light into my porch. This card was made with Papertrey Ink's "Up, up and away!" set and also with the hearts from Verve's "Hundred Hearts" set. I stamped the balloon baskets on the card, but stamped the balloons themselves onto other white paper - 3 of each. I cut them out and scored down the middle and adhered them back to back to create the 3D effect. Then I attached them to the card above the baskets.


The bottom was done using the Martha Stewart Crafts Deep Edge "Daisy Fan" punch. I finished it off with a knotted sheer ribbon (Hobby Lobby) and a twine tied button (Jillibean Soup).
I used Zip Dry on everything.

Well, I start back to classes this week, so I probably won't be posting as regularly as I have been. Please bear with me though, I won't leave! I have 12 hours again this semester and I'm hoping it goes quickly.

Thanks for taking a peek!

4 comments:

  1. Love the way you did those ballons to make them look like 3D. Too cute......

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very pretty. I love the 3D effect the balloons have. Great job Amy and thanks for joining us at Flourishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool and great color against the white. Your balloons loook awesome. Thanks for playing in our Color of Love challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just so cute! Good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete