Saturday, January 1, 2011

Birthday Card for the New Year!


When I checked the store this week, I noticed I was low on birthday cards again. I have a really fun Loralie Designs birthday stamp and wanted to ink it up again and that's how this card was born. I think decorating these stamps is so fun! They're big enough that you have room to put on extra pretties like pearls and glitter, but small enough for a card. This stamp is called "Birthday Girl" - isn't she cute?

I colored her in with Copics and pieced her shirt and hat with patterned paper shaded with Copics. I pieced the cake as well, using some really old watercolor paper to give some texture to it. I used Prima Marketing pearls for the earrings and I used Glossy Accents by Ranger to coat the eyeglasses so they look like glass.
I used a Spellbinders Eyelet Squares die and a Martha Stewart Crafts "Deco Shells" corner punch to make the border. The patterned paper is by Pink Paislee.
Thanks for taking a peek and happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment