Monday, January 17, 2011

Pink and Yellow

All through school, I remember hating pink. When I was young, I hated it because I was a tomboy and pink is for girly girls. When I was in high school, I hated it because I was still sort of a tomboy and...what can I say - I was not a girly girl.

Today, I'm still not what you would call "girly" but I have acquired a deep appreciation for all things pink. I'm not the type of person who obsesses over single colors though, I'm a color combination affectionada. I love pink and brown, pink and green and most of all, pink and yellow.

I started out with that color combo in mind when I was die cutting the items for this card. I used a Spellbinders Nested Heart Pendant (largest one) and inked over the embossing with Papertrey Ink's "Fresh Snow" ink pad. By the way, if you want a fabulous white ink but have come to the conclusion that they're all just so-so, you've got to try PTI's.

Then I sprinkled just a bit of Antique Gold (Ranger) embossing powder over the ink and heat embossed it. Antique Gold isn't opaque; it provides a lovely and slightly holographic sheen.

I used a Spellbinders Lacey Circle die for the teapot sentiment. The teapot is from Crafty Secrets "Tea & Coffee" set. I wrote the sentiment with a Zig pen. The background paper is by Cosmo Cricket - I stitched it with my sewing machine and inked around the edges with pink ink.

The lace trim is from my stash (probably 30 years old or more) and the rayon seam binding is a find from my mom's trip to Goodwill. I sprayed it with Tattered Angels, crumpled it up and let it dry. It's got some sparkly shine from the TA.

I adhered all of this on a pre-made kraft card base and inked the edges with the PTI white ink. I used Glue Arts "Perma-Tac" and Beacon Adhesives "Zip Dry" for my adhesives. Thanks for taking a peek!

No comments:

Post a Comment