Monday, April 11, 2011

Mother

It's that time for me to work on my Mother's Day cards. Not only do we usually send out four cards, but I also have to make quite a few for the store. Last year I think I only sold 2; the year before I think I sold more than 12. So who knows how many I will sell? :)


For this card, I wanted to showcase these two flowers, so I kept the rest pretty simple. I stamped the flowers onto the white cardstock and then stamped the iris again on purple and green cardstock so I could cut out the respective parts and layer them over the lily of the valley. I also used Copics to add some shading. I attached the iris flower with a foam dot and used some lavender chunky glitter.


Then I matted it on yellow cardstock, adhered that to the white base and stamped the sentiment - Papertrey Ink's Mega Mixed Messages.

Thanks for taking a peek!


Stamps: Papertrey Ink (Lily of the Valley), Stamp Zia (Iris)

1 comment:

  1. That is very beautiful! My mother loved purple flowers so that card would've been perfect for her if she was still alive! I always miss her so much, but especially on Mother's Day and her birthday (which is in February)

    ReplyDelete