Thursday, October 6, 2011

Basically Bare

I love to alter chipboard. There is something very satisfying about taking a plain and raw piece and changing it into something else. If you've been following my blog for a while, you might know that I love to make dresses out of ribbons and trim and affix them to plain chipboard dress forms. There are an infinite amount of combinations! The colors, patterns and textures of trim all work together to make a new creation. Not to mention that I can get by without a sewing machine or pattern!

On this card, I used a cutie pie dress form from Basically Bare. They have an AMAZING selection of alterable items made of chipboard, cardboard, stiff felt, canvas and acrylic. This one was perfect for a card, so I started by cutting the pleated May Arts ribbon for the skirt layers. I adhered everything with Beacon Adhesives "Fabri-Tac" - even the gems.

These dresses are so fun because you don't have to worry about perfect seams or edges. Everything is glued onto the back, never to be seen again. They make pretty accents for wedding shower cards, birthday cards, invitations, scrapbook pages, home decor and more.

Thanks for taking a peek!

2 comments: