Monday, October 3, 2011

Leaves are Falling

In Central Nebraska, we don't get much of a fall most years. Sometimes it seems like it's t-shirt and shorts weather right up until it snows. Other years, we get an early hard freeze that kills all the leaves before they have a chance to turn. This year, however, fall has been beautiful so far. The leaves are starting to change to gold and red and we've been having some lovely Indian Summer days with chilly nights. Our tomatoes have been moved to the back porch to avoid any frosts we might get - they're in planters, so moving them is pretty easy. The lawn hasn't been mowed in more than a week and it looks just fine. Right now, I'm sitting in my room with the window open and a crisp, cool breeze is toying with the curtains. All in all, I am enjoying this fall weather.

I love the look of leaves on cards, but using real ones can be pretty tricky. I get a lot of use out of my Spellbinders Nested Maple Leaf set because I can make leaves for spring, summer or fall. It just depends on what colors or materials I use. On this card, I also used half of a Spellbinders Labels Fourteen, American Crafts Thickers, Quickutz adhesive cork, Cosmo Cricket patterned paper scraps and some pearls and a gem.
On this card, I used American Crafts Glitter Cardstock. I just love that shade of yellow! I used a smaller Spellbinders Labels Fourteen die cut along with American Crafts Thickers and Cosmo Cricket "Matilda" chipboard candy corns. Very simple design, but the glitter background really makes it sparkle.

Thanks for taking a peek!

1 comment: