Friday, December 9, 2011

Button Boutique Christmas

Today is the last day of classes for the semester. I have finals week next week and then I'm free until January! Well, as free as a mom and wife can be around Christmas time, I suppose. We have quite a few activities planned! Hopefully we'll get around to making a lot of fun stuff : )

And on that note, I love vintage button cards. (I know, that's not really related, but just try to ignore that.)

Of course, when I saw the Papertrey Ink stamp set called Button Boutique, I knew that I would love it. And I do! I had fun yesterday afternoon making up three different button cards for Christmas cards. This is one of them.
I stamped the button card with two colors of ink (red and green) and then inked it with Antique Linen Distress Ink to give it an aged appearance. With pop dots, I affixed the die cut tree I made using my Spellbinders Nested Tree die set and American Crafts Glitter Cardstock. I added a cute little punched bow on top - this punch was a gift from Japan, so I'm not sure where to find it in the US. It's brand name is Daiso. To finish it off, I adhered buttons as ornaments with Fabri-tac glue.
And here is the finished card. I used paper by MME (Lost & Found Christmas) and some more American Crafts Glitter Cardstock. By the way, if you're looking for a sturdy and GORGEOUS glittered cardstock, I highly recommend American Crafts. It even comes in a variety pack that sells at stores like Hobby Lobby. It's not messy, and as you can see, it die cuts beautifully.

Thanks for taking a peek!

1 comment: