Thursday, December 8, 2011

Vintage Christmas

I like to make up several vintage style Christmas cards to sell at the store (Annie Kay & Co in Kearney, NE) because there don't seem to be many around. Vintage Christmas is a very popular theme in decorating, but I don't often see pretty vintage Christmas cards in retail stores.
For this card, I used a traditional vintage image I received from The Paper Dreams Factory. They have tons of gorgeous vintage images for all occasions! They're the real deal too, printed in Germany. The garland of red bows is a trim by May Arts. They have the cutest holiday trims! The embossed paper was made with a Cuttlebug embossing folder and the patterned paper is by MME.
On this card, I used a sheet from Elizabeth Craft Designs. It's all shimmery and rainbow-like, so the embossing really brings that out. It's hard to photograph though, and it looks much better in person. The ornament was made with a Spellbinders Heirloom Ornament 2010 and some Webster's Pages patterned paper. I embellished it a bit with some pearl paint and bronze glitter for a distressed look. The gold bow was actually from a broken Christmas ornament. I couldn't bear to throw it away!

Thanks for taking a peek :)

No comments:

Post a Comment