Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Plain cardstock, it is!

Since it's CHA season, I've been checking out all the recent paper releases and mentally making a wishlist. I do love some pretty patterned paper! The thing is, I also really enjoy using plain cardstock to make a lot of my projects. There are so many options. For example, on this card below, I embossed American Crafts Kraft cardstock with a Cuttlebug embossing folder. I recently taught my son to play "Heart and Soul" on the piano, so I wanted to go in that direction for this card. The "I" and "U" are American Crafts Thickers and the stamps are by Unity Stamp Co.
Here is another card where I used embossing and stamping. The embossing was done with a Sizzix folder and all the cardstock is American Crafts. Once again, the stamps are all Unity Stamp Co. as well. I just love that bicycle, by the way!
For this layout, I really wanted the colors of the photo to stand out, so I picked American Crafts Thickers that complemented it. I continued the look of the yucca plants with strips of cut cardstock in the left bottom corner. This was super easy to do - I just cut them at an angle in my paper trimmer. The journal spot was cut with Spellbinders dies and layered. The bottom layer was embossed with a Paper Studio wood grain folder.
So, give me a package of good cardstock and I'm a happy camper! That won't stop me from perusing all the new CHA releases any time soon. ;) Thanks for taking a peek!

2 comments:

  1. I love your work! I have bought several of yours cards at Annie Kay's - they are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete