Monday, May 25, 2009

Back!

It seems like I've been so incredibly busy, but I really can't tell you what I've been doing. The kids are now out of school, The weather has been nice, we've started doing family bike rides again, and I'm all registered for classes at UNK in the fall. Well, maybe I can tell you what I've been doing after all ;)
I got registered on Friday May 22nd for 4 classes (12 credit hours) towards my Bachelors of Language Arts. My goal is to be a high school teacher if you didn't already know, and with a Language Arts degree, I'll have several classes I'm qualified to teach. I have an Associates Degree right now, so I'm transferring in as a Junior. I'm getting excited to go back!

As for scrapbooking and card making, I took about a week off after my deadline and started back up again on Friday making some cards to sell. I plan on going into the store this afternoon to see how many I've actually sold and which types I need to replenish. Hopefully it will be a lot!


In the mean time, here is a card I did yesterday. We've gotten a fair amount of rain in the last few days, so I think this is appropriate. I drew the umbrella and handle onto purple cardstock and cut them out separately. I adhered the handle directly to the white circle and propped the top of the umbrella up on foam dots. Then I took the rub-on sentiment and adhered one word at a time so I could fit it around the circle shape. As an afterthought, I added the blue gems because I thought the umbrella needed a little something. TFL!
Paper: Prima
Cardstock: American Crafts
Rub-on: Melissa Frances
Gems: Kaisercraft
Tools: Cuttlebug, Spellbinders Circle Nestabilities

No comments:

Post a Comment