Saturday, November 7, 2009

Altered state of mind

For anyone who may read my blog, I'm sorry that I don't post more often. Being a full time college student on top of having a family, being a Sunday School teacher, and doing Scrap 'n Art is just keeping me super busy! At the moment I am right in the middle of 3 college papers, it seems that they always come in bunches of 3. Today I have a service learning project to do for my teaching requirements and that will take up most of my day. The good thing is that I get to make cards! How funny is that? :) I went to my service learning location (a historic house here in town) and thought that I'd be doing cleaning or helping to move furniture, etc. Nope, they needed someone to lead a stamping and card making workshop for girl scouts! They had no idea that I made cards either, so it was just kind of a funny circumstance, but one I'm glad of. Here are a couple of altered items that I did a few months ago. The first is just a tea box that I covered in paper (Black River Designs), it only took about 15 minutes. I inked the edges to cover up any imperfections and added the tea bag sentiment from the Crafty Secrets "Tea & Coffee" stamp set. I cut out some yellow flowers from the same paper and then propped them up with pop dots on the box for some dimension.
I thought about gifting it with specialty teas inside, but then realized I needed it to store some ATCs. So that's what I did :)

This wall hanging was really easy to do as well. I used chipboard shapes from 7 Gypsies and covered them with paper that I had already stitched around (also 7 Gypsies). I used some 7 Gypsies clear stamps with Distress ink to stamp over parts of the paper and also inked the edges. I used my Silhouette to cut out "is where the" and used 7 Gypsies sticker letters for the additional words. The black buckle is alsy from 7 Gypsies. I used my cropadile to cut the holes and then threaded the polkadot ribbon through.

Well, TFL and hope you all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment