Wednesday, February 17, 2010

To everything there is a season

And I that season were Spring! Sorry, you're probably getting really sick of me talking about Nebraska weather. ☺
This card was made with a Stamp Zia iris stamp and an Our Daily Bread verse stamp. Both are cling mount rubber. I really love this iris stamp! You can't tell by the card, but the stamp is about 8 inches long from top to bottom. So it's perfect for layouts and other large projects as well. The image has gold highlights from a Copic Spica pen, so it sparkles in real life.
The pearl paper is a pearlescent finish paper from The Paper Studio. The gold foil (embossed) at the bottom is also from The Paper Studio. I love how thick specialty papers emboss with my Cuttlebug folders! I used the "Ornamental Iron" folder.
To color in the iris, I used Copics (Sketch and Spica), and I used Labels 4 and Standard Ovals from Spellbinders to mat the sentiment.
I wanted gold embossing powder for the sentiment but don't have any at the moment, so I had settle for copper. Love the copper, but gold would have been better for this particular card.
As usual, I finished this off with a couple pearls from Prima Marketing. No ribbon though, I had to restrain myself.
Thanks for taking a peek!

No comments:

Post a Comment