Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Scraps Solution

I enjoy using up random scraps from other projects. When the papers are especially lovely like these October Afternoon and Studio Calico papers, I just can't bring myself to toss them! This is a really easy way to use up those scraps. I start with a base that I will be adhering to the card, in this case I used a Kraft base. That way, I can stitch on it if I like. I don't measure the scraps, I just lay them on the base and eyeball how much to cut off.

The text paper I used was from an old book page. I liked how it looked with the other scraps. After I had the paper adhered, I found some alphas I liked and decided on buttons with twine. Instead of threading the twine through the paper and buttons, I just threaded the twine through the buttons and adhered them with Glue Arts Adhesive Squares. They're kind of like Glue Dots...but better ;)

There are a ton of different ways to position the paper scraps on a card like this, so just let loose and see what you can come up with. Thanks for taking a peek!

No comments:

Post a Comment