Friday, June 22, 2012

June Weddings

I adore making wedding cards. I also find that I like to do monochromatic wedding cards - especially white and cream. If I'm the one giving the card, I will fashion it to fit the wedding theme and colors, but when I sell cards, I like to make them in various styles so people have a choice. I don't make assembly line cards, so each card is completely an original. On this card, I had fun with the white on white accents. There really is a lot that can be done with white. For the stamped images, I embossed with fine silver powder.

I accented the cake with Silver Liquid Pearls for some dimension. While this card looks a bit complicated at first, it was a snap to put together. I used my Grand Calibur machine to cut all the die cuts in one pass - pretty nifty! I used Spellbinders Nested Poinsettias, Beaded Ovals, Standard Ovals and the Foliage set. I also embossed them all in one pass and they were ready to go. I sprayed the flowers with some white Perfect Pearls mist and then accented the center with a large pearl surrounded by small pearls. The background was embossed with a 5x7 Cuttlebug folder.

Thanks for taking a peek!

No comments:

Post a Comment