Monday, June 18, 2012

Sandy Beaches

I remember getting sparkly and fun cards for birthdays when I was a kid. The more texture and layers, the better! As an adult, I still really enjoy all the textures and fun embellishments. I like the added interest that textures add. On this card, I used several different textures. The cardstock (Webster's Pages) is smooth, so I added that as a base. The "aloha" stickers are also smooth, and beyond that, everything has a texture.

To create the palm trees, I used a Cuttlebug die and folder set (At the Beach) and cut and embossed kraft paper for the trunks along with American Crafts Glitter Cardstock for the palms. I added coconut buttons with GlueArts Mini Adhesive Squares. The flower was made with American Crafts textured cardstock from the Tropicals pack. the green was die cut with a Spellbinders foliage die and the flower was made with a couple different punches. 

The sandy island was my favorite part. I had a piece of kraft paper left over from another project; it had some computer generated text on it. I put an adhesive sheet over it and then accented the edges with Glossy Accents. I sprinkled Sandtastik loose sand over it and let it dry. Sandtastik sand is a lot of fun, by the way. It comes in all different colors and Sandtastik also sells Sculpey clay along with many other fun craft mediums! For product reviews and tutorials, check out Scrap n' Art - we have done several features on Sandtastik.

Thanks for taking a peek!

No comments:

Post a Comment