Thursday, June 21, 2012

Popping in!

If you're a regular follower, you'll know that I'm a stamp lover. I've been stamping for more than 10 years and I love all of the fun techniques and products that accompany stamps. That said, sometimes I like to venture out into the digital world and search for free digi stamps that I can use. I recently happened upon this lovely site called Birds Cards that offers free digi stamps and cutting files. Beautiful stuff! I found this cute poppies file and knew I had to use it right away. 

I printed it twice in the same size and then cut a few pieces of the 2nd copy to adhere over the 1st copy. I colored the first copy and then colored the select pieces from the 2nd copy and cut them out using my Westcott 6" Microtip scissors - these babies are amazing for fussy cutting! The handles are large, so no finger pain. 

I love the cute little protector cap it comes with, as well! Seriously though, these scissors are awesome and I highly recommend them. The super sharp titanium bonded blades and the large comfortable handles make fussy cutting a breeze.

After I cut the selected poppies, I adhered them with foam dot adhesive. These poppies can be stretched big enough to look nice on a layout as well. Thanks for taking a peek!

1 comment: