Sunday, August 5, 2012

Double Embossing

On this card, I did some double embossing - first I embossed the pattern with a Cuttlebug folder and then I heat embossed over the pattern. To make this stand out even more, I used a blue pigment ink (pigment ink stays wet long enough to emboss with) that was a few shades darker than the blue cardstock. Then, I used a sparkly white embossing powder to heat emboss. I brushed a bit of the powder off to make it look distressed. What resulted was a 3 color pattern - the light blue cardstock, the darker blue ink where some of the powder came off, and the sparkly white embossed portions. 



As for the dress, I used a Basically Bare chipboard dress form and wrapped it with ribbons and lace. They are fastened on the back with Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac. 

Thanks for taking a peek!

1 comment:

  1. gorgeous!!! I have that lace,,,isn't it beautiful?? I will have to give this double embossing a try!

    ReplyDelete