Monday, August 13, 2012

Dresses and digital stamps

I'm mostly a traditional stamper, but every once in a while, I break out some digital stamps. If you want to dabble with some super cute and FREE digital stamps, be sure to check out Birds Cards! That's where I got the bodice part of the dresses I'm sharing today. There are a ton of really nice digi stamps on her site - and did you notice I said they were free? ;)

Here are two bodices I printed off on plain white cardstock. Before cutting them out, I decorated them - if you cut them out and THEN add wet substances (paint, glue, etc) they tend to warp pretty badly. If you do that while they're uncut, then the surrounding paper cuts down on the warping.  I wanted a dual color bodice for each, and here's how I achieved them:

1. On the first bodice, I used Liquid Pearls. Instead of making little pearls, I spread it all out. The top part of the bodice is Platinum and the bottom is Silver. I used a straight pin to blend them together so there wasn't a harsh line. Afterwards, I put some chunky glitter on the top.
2. On the second bodice, I covered it with Diamond Glaze and put Diamond Dust on the top of the bodice and silver hologram glitter on the bottom.

3. As you can see below, I added 3 loose pearls to the top bodice as an afterthought :) After they dried, I cut them out and fashioned dresses for them. I just marked on white cardstock where the bodice would be and then free-handed some simple dresses.

4. To embellish the dresses, I used paper punches (a daisy and a sakura blossom) and some Liquid Pearls.


 5. Then I assembled the dresses.
6. I wanted to keep the card bases pretty simple, so I just chose silver glitter cardstock and white cardstock (both from American Crafts)for the one bodice and some Webster's Pages paper for the other.

 7. After I put this bodice on, I added a doily portion to it - I'm always adding something!
Thanks for taking a peek!

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Check out my new shop of unique digitals perfect for scrapbooking. :)

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/ShopPaperClip

    ReplyDelete