Thursday, December 3, 2009

Snow Globe

I was looking through my drawer of older stamps this week and found this snowman stamp. I think I got it at Hobby Lobby in a holiday set several years ago, but if I remember correctly I bought the set for the snowflake stamps and sentiment that came with it - not for the snowman. Not that I don't like the snowman, but it's a little plain I guess. When I looked at it this week I pictured a snowglobe, so that's what the inspiration for this card was.

I used Spellbinders Standard Circles to cut out the "globe" that I had stamped on and then I cut out a transparent piece of packaging and layered it over the globe when it was finished. You can't really see it in the photo, but it's there. I also used Spellbinders Labels Eight and Create a Flake 1. I'm glad I kept this stamp, I forsee more snowglobes in my future!


And now we're off to Hobby Lobby - I got a call that my Spellbinders Ovals came in. The kids are also picking out their annual ornament to put on the tree and we will be putting that up tonight as well. We also have a houseguest, our friend Wade Jagmin. Things are getting busy!
Hope you all have a great Thursday, and thanks for taking a peek :)

Paper: October Afternoon "Cherry Hill"
Cardstock: Couture Cardstock "Macintosh"
Tools: Spellbinders "Labels Eight, Create a Flake 1, Standard Circles", EK Success Border punch
Stamps: The Paper Studio
Markers: Copic
Glitter: Martha Stewart
Ribbon: Decorative Ribbon (HL)
Misc: gems, button, thread, pearls

No comments:

Post a Comment