Sunday, December 20, 2009

Winter Break!

That's right! Finals are over and I don't have classes until January 11th. It feels so good to be done for a few weeks. The kids have 2 more days of school and then they're on break as well. I can't believe that it's only a few days until Christmas, I need to get presents wrapped!
In the mean time, here is a poinsettia card I made last week. It started out being an Anniversary card for my parents - they got married on Christmas Eve - but I did another card for them instead. I love this color combo and I'm pretty sure I've never used it before, especially on a Christmas card.

The stamp is one of my new Flourishes stamps, "Poinsettia & Boxwood." I stamped it and embossed with Copper embossing powder onto light pink paper. Then I used Copics to shade the flower tips and blend them into the paper. I used a Gold Leafing pen to go around the sentiment and patterned paper (G45 "Christmas Past"). Gives the effect of being layered over gold foil paper, but not! I used Prima Marketing pearls on the poinsettia for some dimension as well.
That's about it, thanks for taking a peek!

No comments:

Post a Comment