Monday, March 15, 2010

I love Irises

I have alway loved irises; I love how they smell, look and feel. I also really like this Iris stamp from Stamp Zia, so I used it to make a couple of Spring-ish cards today. Here is the first one.
I wanted it to be decorative, but I also wanted the flowers to stand out - so I decided to do all the background in white. I used my Fiskars Sunburst border punch to make the frrilly border and a Cuttlebug edge embosser for the bottom part.

I stamped the images with Memento "Tuxedo Black" ink and colored them in with Copics - not a lot of shading since I wanted to use glitter. I used my Ultimate Crafter's Companion bow maker to make the bow and adhered the ends of it on the back side of the flower layer.

I used Stickles (pink) and Glossy Accents with loose glitter (irridescent) for the flowers. I stamped the Sentiment (Papertray Ink: Mega Mixed Messages) with purple pigment ink and used clear embossing powder to heat set it.

I finished it off with some Prima Marketing pearls. Thanks for taking a peek, I'll have the other card up later this week ♥♥♥






1 comment: