Friday, March 5, 2010

Spring, is that you?!

After months of whiny posts about how cold and...well...COLD it has been, I think that I can see Spring off in the distance. It's still a bit cloudy, so I can't see her very well, but I can almost hear her bright pink rain boots sloshing through the melted piles of snow!

News like that merits a Spring-like card, don't you think?

I picked up the American Crafts "Fresh" clear stamp set at Hobby Lobby a couple of weeks ago when clear stamps were 40% off. I've been eyeing it for a while because I really didn't have any cute Spring stamps. I put a couple of them to good use on this card. Those boots are just too cute! I stamped the boots and then stamped the flowers (it's all one bunch) over top. I colored in the flowers with Sakura Stardust pens; they're opaque, so they covered the lines where the boots were pretty well. Then I covered the boots with Glossy Accents to make them look like rubbery rain boots.

The paper is a fun snakeskin embossed paper that I picked up a few months ago at HL when the specialty paper was 50% off. I thought it perked this card right up.
Well, thanks for taking a peek! Have a great weekend :)

Paper: The Paper Studio, Couture Cardstock "The White Collection"
Stamps: American Crafts (images), Papertrey Ink (sentiment)
Pens: Sakura Stardust, Souffle, Copic Multi-liner (black)
Ink: Memento




No comments:

Post a Comment