First of all, we rummaged through some clothes that had gotten too small. I wanted to use blue denim, but the only thing that fit the bill was a pair of tan jeans. If you plan on using a color spray, like Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, the tan jeans would actually be the way to go. Cloth absorbs the mist quite well, so you could really get some neat effects. I think that's what I'm going to do on my next altered notebook with the remaining tan material. I cut the bottom off of a pant leg and then cut up the seam so I had a flat piece. I used Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac (don't miss the ROCKIN' post about this in today's SNA blog!) and smoothed the denim onto the notebook cover.
Next, we cut off one of the back pockets. We just cut right outside of the seam.Alexis wanted some ribbon on the side, so I glued (Fabri-Tac again) some pretty trims by May Arts near the spiral. I just can't get enough of May Arts ribbons and trims! We also glued the pocket onto the notebook.
We finished it all off with some gems and a pink bow. The whole process took less than half an hour.
The kids got their teacher assignments yesterday and are pretty darned excited. I have a feeling that we're going to be doing more crafts before school starts on the 22nd! Thanks for taking a peek :)