Thursday, August 25, 2011

Just us Chickens


School is officially back in session! Tomorrow marks the first full week back and so far everything seems to be going smoothly. The kids love their new teachers and have many friends in their new classrooms. My professors seem to be fairly normal and it's nice to be back to more of a routine. I'm not quite ready to let go of summer though and I hope we have a good long while before the sky starts throwing white stuff at us. Sadly, being busy with all those school and life activities will probably make the time fly.

Speaking of things that fly, I do have a card I finished a couple weeks ago. My mom loves chicken and rooster items and she happens to have several real chickens and roosters as well. That's where I picked up this cute little feather.
I've had a little drawer of feathers just waiting for the perfect cards. When I saw these stamps by TPC studios at Hobby Lobby (they completely re-stocked their stamps!) I knew they were mine. I haven't had much time to play with them yet, but I did do this country style card for my mom. I stamped with blue ink on blue cardstock and then I sponged brown ink on the corners and sides.
The circle and red decorative circle were made with Spellbinders dies (Classic Circles and Lacey Circles). The pleated cream ribbon is from May Arts.

Thanks for taking a peek - hopefully I'll be back soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment