Monday, August 1, 2011

Quilted Card

Cosmo Cricket has so many papers that I love. I wanted to put a couple different collections together in this card, so I die cut the papers with Spellbinders Classic Diamonds Nestabilities so they would fit together perfectly. After I had a bunch cut, I just started adhering until I had them all on the card base. Then, I trimmed off the edges to be flush with the card base and embellished a bit. I added the buttons with a dab of Fabri-Tac (Beacon Adhesives) and the rest of the items are from Cosmo Cricket. The diamond shapes are great for banners (just cut them in half) and for doing quilted looks like this. It works really well on layouts too! You can die cut photos into the diamond shapes if you like.

Also, the August issue of Scrap n' Art is live today! It's not as big as it normally is due to Summer CHA - but OH MY WORD, you're going to want to see next month's issue for sure! BRAND NEW CHA goodies! That's the great thing about being a digital magazine - we get the new CHA items before any print magazine, so you'll have to come on over in September to see all the new product. In this month's issue we've still got some rocking stuff, though. We got our hands on a bit of the new Nikki Sivils collections! We've also got Susiebee and you're going to love their stuff. Don't forget our tutorials and reviews - we've got them too! Come on over to check it all out :)
Hope you're staying cool and thanks for taking a peek!

No comments:

Post a Comment