Friday, August 12, 2011


Sometimes, I just want to take out some supplies and try something new. That's how this card came about. A while back, I had a card that featured an adhesive backed cork die cut shape. The thin backing to the cork was sitting on my craft table because I find it hard to throw things away. ;) I decided that it would be a great mask because of how thin it was, so I placed it on some light purple cardstock, grabbed some small lily of the valley stamps (from Papertrey Ink's Lily of the Valley set) and with some Brushed Concord Distress Ink (Ranger), I stamped around the mask.
It started out as a rectangle shape, but I punched the corners with a corner punch (Martha Stewart) and then cut closer to the flowers because I had it in my head that I wanted it to look like the edges had burned. After I cut it, I inked around the edges with Chestnut Road pigment ink in a Cat's Eye. I accented the shape with purple pearls and layered some die cut shapes I had in my odds and ends drawer. After I adhered the piece to the card base, I decided the white trim would add a little oomph, so I adhered that with Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac.

Looking at this card, I'm still not in love with it, but I got to do some fun masking that I know I'll be using in the future. It's an interesting way to create a label shape with stamping and it has a lot of possibilities. Thanks for taking a peek!

No comments:

Post a Comment