Saturday, April 4, 2009

Old Supplies and a Winter Warning

I love when I look through my supplies and find an old item that goes perfectly with some new supplies. That's what happened on this card. The white circular stamp is an old Inkadinkado stamp that I've had for several years. I wanted to do a circular cut out, but the idea just didn't seem complete until I added the white detail around it.

For this card, I cut and scored the yellow base and adhered the lined paper journal spot I had stamped the sentiment upon. With the Inkadinkado stamp, I used clear embossing ink and white embossing powder and heat set it.
I then cut the blue paper to size and used my Cuttlebug and Spellbinders to make the circular cut out. I cut the border on the blue paper and adhered the black ribbon strip. After the strip, I tied a bow and adhered the bow on top. To set it away from the base of the card, I adhered the blue with foam dots. Seeing it wasn't quite finished, I used a black damask stamp over the top.

Paper: American Crafts Tropicals stack
Stamps: Verve Stamps, Inkadinkado
Ink: Tsukineko
Accessories: Ranger embossing powder, Martha Stewart border punch, Stampendous! damask sticker, Misc. ribbon

On to another topic, we're under a Winter Storm Warning today...joy. Never fails, when April comes around, the storms roll in. So far it's clear and sunny. However, the wind is really blowing, and I'm afraid it's blowing that YUCK right at us. Come on Spring!



No comments:

Post a Comment