Monday, April 19, 2010

Pencil shavings flower?

I had to laugh when Levi asked how I made this flower. I asked him why and he told me it looked like it was made with giant pencil shavings! And it does!!! I sure didn't design it with that in mind, but it's kind of funny now. I must do a teacher card with one of these flowers though ☺

I made it by cutting 3 different scalloped circle Nestabilities by Spellbinders. I inked around the edges with soft pink ink and then made several cuts toward the center of the circles - being careful not to cut through the whole way. Then I overlapped some of the cuts and adhered them to make the flower curve outward. I layered the 3 cuts over each other after I had layered each layer like this. I threaded ribbon through a button and adhered it with a Glue Arts "Adhesive Square" to finish it off.

For the leaves, I simply took 2 small scraps of green and twisted one side over itself and adhered them under the flower. Super easy, and a great way to use up small scraps!

I used the Martha Stewart Double Edged punch for the white trim in the middle of the card and an EK Success punch for the bottom. The stamps are by Papertrey Ink (Mother) and Verve Stamps (My life is richly blessed by you). I didn't have any nice Mother's Day sentiments, so I pieced together my own!

All the cardstock is from Couture Cardstock and I used Glue Arts "Adhesive Squares" and Beacon Adhesives "Zip Dry." Thanks for taking a peek!

1 comment: