Thursday, October 14, 2010

Nontraditional Christmas Colors


I love the traditional colors and accents of Christmas. However, sometimes, change is good! On this card, I used a paper from the Winter Joy Collection from BoBunny. I love this collection - not only does it have beautiful colors, the patterns are also very nice.
As you can see, I'm still enjoying my new Spellbinders dies! I used the beautiful Lacey Circles on this card as well as last year's Limited Time Nested Christmas Trees set. I created the custom glittered paper myself before die cutting it with three different kinds of glitter. For the white part, I used a Martha Stewart Crafts Deco Fan border punch on both the top and bottom and then I embossed a line above each with my dry embossing stylus. The stamp was used with a Ranger Big and Juicy Rainbow Ink pad. I wanted to sort of mimic the way the colors melt together on the paper. The stamp is from a Clear Hero Arts set that I use constantly - Holiday Sayings.
Thanks for taking a peek, have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment