Saturday, October 23, 2010

Egg Pumpkin

I love pumpkins - big ones, little ones, fat ones and skinny ones. I own the Spellbinders Nested Pumpkin dies and I use them frequently for fall cards.
However, sometimes I want a different shape, and so I started experimenting. I made this fun pumpkin with the S4-264 Nested Eggs. How easy is that!? I like that you can layer different colors and patterns this way.
I sewed the three ovals together with tan thread up top and black bobbin thread. That way, it shows a bit of both. I used the Nested Maple Leaves for the sentiment (Papertrey Ink - Mega Mixed Messages stamp set). The orange patterned paper is by Jillibean soup (Soup Staples collection)- it's polka-dotted on one side and lined on the other. I used the Cuttlebug "Distressed Stripes" embossing folder on the center egg of the pumpkin.
For the black paper, I used a Martha Steward Deco Fan CORNER punch. If you fold in the corner flaps on the punch, you can use it to punch a straight edge. You line up the punches by looking through the back of the punch. The zig zag border was the other paper edge left behind by the corner punch. Becca Feeken has a great tutorial on how to do this if you want more information.
Thanks for taking a peek!

1 comment:

  1. Clever use of the nestis! I'll check out the tutorial on the punch! Love the use of the embossing folder too! Come visit us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday! You should play along!

    ReplyDelete