Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Pretty Peacock

When I was a kid, I lived on a farm. We had all sort of animals - including peacocks! My mom had a big vase full of peacock feathers she had gathered and some of the more mischievous kids (ok, me) would sneak up on the peacocks and snag a feather just for fun. I just loved the bright electric blue and green, they were SO PRETTY!

When my best friend, Dayna, was here a few weeks ago, we went to Hobby Lobby and I freaked out a little bit when I saw they had a set of Cuttlebug embossing folders with a peacock print! There was also a zebra, leopard and crock print in the set - very cool!

For this card:
1. I used a beautiful blue cardstock and embossed it.
2. Then I took Versamark ink and rubbed it over the embossing.
3. I brushed metallic green Perfect Pearls over the ink.
4. I embellished it with brown pearls for the "eye" of the feather.
5. I matted the blue onto metallic copper paper and then onto a green base. Before I adhered it to the green, I tied a ribbon around it.
6. Using a Spellbinders Label die, I cut the copper paper for the sentiment.
7. I used American Crafts Thickers (Dear Lizzy) for the "hi." The punched edge is from an EK Success punch


Thanks for taking a peacock...er...peek!!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment