Monday, March 9, 2009

Cuttlebug Crazy



I got my Cuttlebug last week as you know, and I have been LOVING it! The two weeks before I got it, I was going into HL and scoping out the embossing folders they sold there. I knew for SURE I wanted the Swiss Dots and the sales lady told me they were getting in two brand new ones so I didn't buy any. Well, last week, there was a 40% off coupon and so I printed out 3 and went to get my folders! Of course, they were out of Swiss Dots and told me they weren't getting any in for the week. UGH! So hopefully they'll have them in this week. Of course there are no 40% off coupons, but since they're only $5 to begin with, I might be able to swing one ;)

I did get a set of Spellbinders nestabilities (circles) at HL. I've really been wanting circles for a while, and didn't want to spend the money buying several punches when I could just buy a circle set. I love the embossed ring that you can use with them as well.

Here are a couple cards I did this weekend. I had the most fun with the Chick card! I free handed the shape on American Crafts yellow cardstock and then covered it with a thin coat of glue. When the glue had dried just a bit, I covered it with white Flock. I didn't have yellow flock, but the white on yellow paper worked well.
I wanted the chick to have eyelashes so I adhered a punched out daisy to the back of the googly eye before putting it on the face. Alexis just loved this chick, and wanted to take it for show and tell!
Paper: American Crafts Cardstock, The Paper Studio white cardstock and folded card; Stamp: JustRite; Ribbon: Daisy D's; Border Punch: Martha Stewart (doily); Flock: Stampendous!; Cuttlebug and embossing folder; Misc. pearls, eyes
This is a window card I created using my Spellbinders and Cuttlebug. I used the cut out circle for the back of the card. The Bella is cut out and placed over the blue sponged background.
Stamps: Stamping Bella, Verve Stamps, Kodomo (background stamp used on front); Ink: Momento (blue), Colorbox (pink); Baubles: Stamping Bella, Makers: Copic, Watercolors: Kimberly; Misc: flower, lace

No comments:

Post a Comment