Saturday, March 28, 2009

Must Love Butterflies

The movie "Must Love Dogs" was on the other night and even though I do like dogs, I think I love butterflies more :) So many butterflies to choose from! I love butterfly paper, butterfly stamps, butterfly rub-ons, you name it.
On this card, I used a butterfly print I picked up at my LSS. It's a very simple card, but the frilly lace and blue/green trim added enough oomph for me. I used my Swiss Dots embossing folder on the white strip at the top and layered a white sentiment (Olivia Cuttlebug font) on top. I don't often do white on white, but I'm finding I love it! Especially when there is a texture difference, it just creates a pretty effect.

On my next card, I chose to use a Crafty Secrets butterfly wing stamp. I stamped on white pearl vellum and then used white embossing powder for a sheer look. I cut it out and adhered the center of the wings to the card so I could bend the rest of the wings out away from the card base. Using a Zig glue pen, I filled in the antennae and body and covered it in plain glitter.

Thanks Card

Paper: American Crafts Tropicals Cardstock, The Paper Studio white cardstock

Accessories: Cuttlebug Olivia font, Swiss Dots embossing folder, Misc: ribbon and lace trim

Favorite Things Card

Paper: The Paper Studio Cardstock, Basic Grey Sugared Collection

Accessories: Crafty Secrets wings stamps, Making Memories journal note, Ranger embossing powder, Misc vellum, ribbon, glitter

So what are your favorite butterfly items? Is there a particular stamp set that you just love? Paper? Let me know! :)

1 comment: