Tuesday, May 25, 2010

And this is why I keep plastic packaging...

For cards like this! I used the clear plastic packaging that came with my Cuttlebug B Plates for the bird cage. I simply stamped and heat embossed the cage image and then cut it out. Then I stamped the birdy on my card and used "Mini Adhesive Squares" from Glue Arts to attach the cage. I heat embossed the cage with metallic powder, so it would look like the cage was made of metal.

I used quite a variety of stamps here, the sentiment is by Papertrey Ink ,the rose is by Crafty Secrets, and the bird and cage are from American Crafts.
The ribbon is some vintage ribbon my mom gave me, just a soft blue satin. I used my Martha Stewart Double Edge punch for the green paper and layered that over ruffled crepe paper (crepe streamers that come on a roll).

I used Beacon Adhesives "Zip Dry" for everything, love that stuff to pieces! All the paper is by Paper Accents, and the paper is actually what inspired this card. I loved the beautiful Spring colors and just had to use them! Well, thanks for taking a peek ♥

1 comment: