Saturday, May 29, 2010

Masculine

Most card crafters find it hard to do the more masculine cards. I know I do! However, I've found that with just a few items, masculine cards aren't quite so scary. I personally don't do flowers on masculine stuff, I like more of the rugged look and that is easily achieved by tearing paper, inking, etc. For this card, I embossed with the "Distressed Stripes" Cuttlebug embossing folder and inked with Vintage Photo Distress Ink by Ranger. I used DoubleMates paper by Paper Accents, the texture and dual colors were perfect for this card. I used DoubleMates "Creamy Cocoa" 12 x12 (6518) and it provided me with both the dark rich brown and the tan.

This card is super simple and easy to reproduce.
1. Fold card base with DoubleMates paper - light on the inside.
2. Emboss top part of another piece of the same paper, stamp the bottom sentiment and ink it.
3. Adhere it to card base.
4. Take scrap of same paper, tear and cut it to size. Adhere it to where embossing ends.
5. Ink Tattered Angels crown and adhere it over sentiment.

If you're lucky enough to have some of the new Tim Holtz embossing folders, you have a million options open to you on masculine cards like this! The bricks, woodgrain, there are some awesome ones! As for me, I hope to get some of those this year, they look fantastic.

Hope you're having a great weekend, and thanks for taking a peek!

No comments:

Post a Comment