Monday, May 17, 2010

birthdays galore

It seems that while June is the start of "wedding season," May is the start of my "birthday season." We have so many May birthdays, and I'm guessing we're not alone. I only had one birthday card left at the store when I went the other day, time to restock! Here is one I made, taking advantage of some large envelopes I had left over.


I used Quickutz adhesive backed cork and a Cuttlebug butterflies die along with a Spellbinders oval Nestability. I layered it over the sentiment on yellow paper and attached it to the card. I used October Afternoon and G45 paper along with some Kraft paper. I punched the edge of the Kraft with a Fiskars border punch (sunburst).
The ribbon is new from Hobby Lobby. They got in a TON of beautiful new ribbon and it was 50% off this past week. Not sure about this week as I haven't had a chance to look at the ads.
I plan on making up a bunch of more birthday cards. I have a feeling they're going to fly out of the store in the next few months! Thanks for taking a peek :)
Also, head over to Melissa's blog for some awesome blog candy!

No comments:

Post a Comment