Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Pretty pastels

I guess I don't often do pastels, but since I was doing some cards as a gift for my mom and she LOVES pastels, I decided to do a few. I picked up this pretty ribbon at Hobby Lobby last week and knew I wanted to pair it with white. While at HL I also picked up one of those rounds of crepe streamers. I love ruffles and figured the tissue would work well, especially since it was already cut to size.

Well I'm going to have to pick up a few more of those babies, because I loved working with it! It folds so easily and sticks perfectly to a line of tape runner. I got a huge roll for only 99cents, so I'm going to go back later for a couple other colors. I thought I could get by with just white and color it with glimmer mist, but the color wasn't as dark as I'd hoped it would be. The crepe didn't really absorb it like I thought it would. But hey, at 99cents per roll, I think I can handle a few more!
This card was super simple, I just used my Glue Glider Pro to put a line of adhesive down and then folded the crepe back over itself to make the ruffle. I tied the ribbon on the card and made a bow and then put a Melissa Frances rub-on sentiment on a scrap of paper I had lying around. I edged it with a glue pen and sprinkled iridescent glitter over the top. Done!
Thanks for taking a peek!

No comments:

Post a Comment